- Stop Heart Failure FAST – Top 3 Tricks & Tips for Women!Posted 1 day ago
- Weirdest Trick EVER! Stops Stroke Fast – the #1 Natural Way to Fight it EasilyPosted 2 days ago
- Watch Out – #1 Drink That Triggers Skin Cancer! Tips & Tricks to Stop it FASTPosted 3 days ago
- Stop Christmas Depression – 3 Tips & Tricks that KILL Holiday Stress (Easy & Fast)Posted 4 days ago
- Stop Insomnia Naturally – The #1 Best System! Tips & Tricks to Fall Asleep FASTPosted 6 days ago
5 Herbs that Stop Short Term Memory Loss That Doctors WON’T Prescribe!
But for some of us, that memory loss could develop into something more serious, such as Alzheimer’s disease, which is estimated to affect nearly 4.5 million Americans today.
While current treatments for short term memory loss aren’t adequate, you needn’t become a statistic–there are natural herbs that can work just as well (if not better) than your typical over-the-counter drug. To keep memory loss at bay, here’s what you should try out.
5 Herbs That Can Stop Short Term Memory Loss
1. Tumeric. You may be familiar with this spice in your favorite Indian curry, but it’s not just good for a warm meal–studies show it may also ward off the effects of a type of memory loss called dementia.
According to recent research, it may prevent dementia by blocking the formation of beta-amyloid, which may affect brain function and lead to the onset of short term memory loss. You needn’t order curry every day to get your fill, though–it’s also great in stir fries or soups.
2. Ginseng. In Asia, no one can get enough of ginseng tea–and with lower dementia rates when compared to other countries, its reasoning may be more than taste. According a recent study, people with mild dementia who took ginseng extract showed significant improvements in short term memory function after 12 weeks of use.
You needn’t suffer from dementia to experience the benefits of ginseng, however, which have also been purported for centuries to improve brain function and ward off the neurological signs of old age.
3. Bacopa. The name may not ring a bell, but make it part of your daily supplement regimen and you could reap the rewards of a faster, improved mind, according to researchers.
A recent study shows that people who took 300 milligrams of bacopa per day for a 3 month period had improved cognitive function–with improved short term memory to boot.
Unfortunately, no studies exist which explore how bacopa improves a person’s memory.
4. Vinpocetine extract. Need a lower dose way to improve your short term memory? Then some osteopaths may recommend vinpocetine, an extract derived by the dwarf periwinkle plant.
While its effects have not been fully investigated, anecdotal evidence suggests that it can help increase the flow of blood to the brain, which in turn may improve a person’s memory. You’ll reap these benefits using as little as 10 milligrams of vinpocetine a day.
5. Ginkgo. Some traditions never die, and for those interested in taking ginkgo, they’ll be pleased to know it continues to be an effective treatment for short term memory loss–many people who have taken it in the past report vast improvements in cognitive function.
Though some studies contradict its efficacy as an all-natural memory boost, most studies–and osteopaths–agree that it is a potent herb.
Better yet, you’ll get your fill of antioxidants too, which can reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease.
Of course, none of these herbs help more than the best way to ward off memory loss–a good diet. With the proper amount of macronutrients and micronutrients, you’ll fuel your brain with plenty of antioxidants and nutrients designed to keep your mind young.
Readers: Have you tried any of these herbs to improve memory loss? How have they worked for you?